Monday, January 2, 2017

Baked White Rice


I never did like making rice on the stovetop and when I came across this method in Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen book back in the 80's, I never cooked rice the traditional way again.  Using Chef Paul's method, you bake the rice instead of cooking it the traditional stovetop way.

What I enjoy the most about preparing rice this way is that it frees me up to do other things in the kitchen while the rice is baking away.  For this recipe, I've used chicken stock as one of the ingredients; you can substitute any other sort of stock or broth if you wish.  Try this recipe, I think you'll love it!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups converted White Rice
  • 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock or Broth
  • 1 1/2 TBS unsalted Butter
  • 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt


Cooking Procedure:  
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  
  • In a loaf pan, combine all ingredients and mix them well.  
  • Seal the pan snugly with aluminum foil.  
  • Bake the rice until it is tender; about 60 to 70 minutes.  


Presto!  A batch of fluffy rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment